BE SURE TO USE GUIDELINE IN YOUR APPROACH
- WAR AND PEACE
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- PROTEST –
OR PERIODS IN ART HISTORY OR ARTISTS THEMSELVES
- How do artists respond to the social, political, and cultural climate of their time?
- What does their work tell us about the life and culture as they see it?
- Examine how the artist(s) responded to their world and address subjects such as current events, war, religion, gender, race, politics, and activism. This is your choice!!!
Exhibition of works – create and present slide shows that incorporate images of the exhibit with commentary that place the pieces in their historical and cultural context. This does not have to be a Powerpoint – you can use other sites as well to collect and organize your work
1. Choose 5- 7 pieces to illustrate the period, movement, theme or artist of the time period
2. A brief description about the artist(s)
3. A discussion should include a background about the choices of the works & why they represent the theme, the time, or the artist’s best works. Please also include what factors influenced your decisions.
4. Background Music
STUDENTS WILL WORK EITHER ALONE OR IN PAIRS – EACH TEAM WILL PRESENT A 15 -20 MINUTE PRESENTATION ON AN ARTIST, PERIOD, MOVEMENT, OR THEME IN THE HISTORY OF ART –
Click on link to identify how to approach organizing your work – Please note – You must list the specific art work, artist, year and music for all selections do not be generic!!!
This should be submitted by next Wednesday