Perhaps one of the most well known graffiti artists of the 21st century, Banksy, as he is called, is a master with stencils and a spray can. A spokeswoman for the Brooklyn Museum, said a painting – of a red-coated colonial-era military officer holding a spray-paint can, with antiwar graffiti in the background – was discovered and removed on March 16. Banksy reported “These galleries are just trophy cabinets for a handful of millionaires. The public never has any real say in what art they see.”
1. Is Banksy’s grafitti, art? if it is, should it be in a museum at all? Explain
2. How do you define graffiti?
3. Where is it usually found?
4. Is graffiti really art? Explain
5. If you could design your own graffiti and put it anywhere, what would it be? Where would you place it?
Further study go to Banksy